AmbaSat is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to develop embedded software for use in the AmbaSat product range. Phase 1 of the work is expected to take approximately 2 months.
The role is initially on a contract basis and will require the candidate to develop code for reading AmbaSat-1 sensor data. Skills required include:
- Development of embedded code for the onboard microcontroller (ATMEGA 328P-AU)
- Use of the Visual Studio Code (VSC) IDE & C/C++
- PlatformIO plugin for VSC
- Experience of interfacing with devices on the I2C bus
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer code development (LSM9DS1)
- Development of sensor code (GPS, Gas, CO2, temp, humidity, UV light, GPS, Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC) ambient light, etc)
- Familiarity with GitHub
For further information and to apply for this position, please visit:
AmbaSat design and build low earth orbit space satellite kits which are the foundation of its educational ‘STEM’ courses. AmbaSat’s ‘Build Your Own Space Satellite’ courses are used in schools and universities in the UK and around the globe and introduce students to the world of space engineering and exploration. Students build their very own space satellite which can later be launched onboard a rocket into space and low earth orbit. With study topics reaching right across the curriculum, AmbaSat’s space satellite courses bring the STEM learning journey to life in a practical and enjoyable space journey.